The Instagram era brought the culinary world a category of food that favors novelty and encourages hybrid combinations, of course we’re talking about viral food. People from around the world line up for blocks to get a taste, and more importantly a photo, of these photogenic foods, because obviously “pics or it didn’t happen.” We’re talking over-the-top milkshakes, gold Cristal donuts, and who can forget the rainbow bagel. Since this Instagrub sensation doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon, we scoured the city for the next crop of Instafamous foods. So grab your Instagram husband because in this edition of the NYC Urban Guidebook we’re skipping the two hour wait at Black Tap and passing by Dominique Ansel as host Annamaria Stewart (@annamaria_stewart) presents our picks for food porn – The New Class.
1) Vivi Bubble Tea LES (@vivibubbleteales) – Cotton Candy Bubble Tea Float
2) Clinton Hall (@clintonhallny) – Walter White Crystal Methadonuts
3) Cupcake Market (@cupcakemarketnyc) – Candidate Cookies / Kim, Kanye and Taylor Cookies
4) Cha Cha Matcha (@chachamatcha) – Matcha Latte Foam Portraits
5) Stick With Me Sweets (@swmsweets) – Storybook Bonbons
6) by CHLOE (@bychefchloe) – Chic Vegan Eats
This episode is currently airing on ClearVISION, an innovative in-airport TV network which features the best entertainment, news, music, and sports programming for travelers.
This series is part of the Huffington Post Outspeak Network.